Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Radeon VE & Xp
Norman Brooks   2001-09-30 12:52
Finally ........ got XP to recognize the VE and run pretty well the same way it runs in 2000.

One problem I haven't solved yet ... it needs to be reset every time on bootup.

I notice that the option for 2048x768 in setup has no black text in the "Apply" box. If I go up to the next resolution it will accept it, or if I go one lower but in 2048x768 the "Apply" box is greyed out. I have to manually enter the Multi-Monitor box and select 1024x768 then exit out and accept it will then reselect the desktop.

I have been at this for ages and now I am so close .... I suspect a file that has to be updated is 'read only' and not being updated. Any ideas ??

Thanks !

ps ... the secret ?? re-install HydraVision from the original CD after installing XP Pro.

ttyl

nbrooks@accesscable.net
Norman Brooks   2001-10-01 13:59
Well, so much for installing XP over W2K

I did a clean install today with my Radeon VE and it wasn't easy but here is the order in which it has to be done.

1. Install.
2. Go to www.microsoft.com/directx and download the latest directx8 drivers and install them. Reboot
3. Download and install the latest drivers from ATI ... ignore the warnings about unsigned drivers. Reboot
4. Go to the original CD and install ONLY the Hydravision programme. Reboot
5. You should now be able to drill into the settings menu and set up the monitors.

Still no fix for seperate size monitors. :-(

nbrooks@accesscable.net
Andy   2001-11-19 06:34
On my CD I cant find the HydaVision software any were, can some one give me a hint?
i've search every single file, i'm 99% sure its not on there and every where on the web tells me to get it from my CD ... which dont have it.
Thing is i just bought a whole bunch of Radeon VE Dual Monitor cards... and i can't get the damn thing away from clone view
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Radeon VE & Xp