Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Looking for a program, might not exist... but its on my wishlist...
Cimlite   2001-09-30 13:27
Looking at the multimon setups here on this page makes anyone drool. I have had a two monitor setup before, it was great... superb for any use. Now I don't have two grafix cards for one computer, but what I do have is two computers. These are next to each other, with a 100mbit network connection between them.

Would it not be great if there were a program to use the network for a multi monitor setup? If anyone know a similiar program, or feels like making one that would be great.
Terry   2001-09-30 19:27
www.mosix.org will utilise a network connection to make the network into a supercomputer. A bit like a beaowulf cluster (sp?)

Haven't used it - but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to re-write parts of it to make it multiple monitor happy ;-)

Terry
Fred R   2001-10-01 07:34
I have a laptop and a desktop which I am hoping to do the same thing with, I think. My aim is to use the laptop monitor as a second monitor to the desktop (I have a Matrox G450 dual head video card) and at the same time I hope to acess the hard drive of the laptop form the desktop.

I have no idea how to do this, but it sounds as if I am trying to do the same thing as you, with a 100mbit connection between the two.

I hope you don't mind me joining your boat on this matter!
Lee   2001-10-03 16:42
I'm not clear on what exactly you guys are hoping to do, but have you investigated KVMs (switchers)? I use one when I have multiple PCs here.

, Lee
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Looking for a program, might not exist... but its on my wishlist...