Forums -> Multiple monitors -> dual monitor with Ati x1300 agp
Ark   2007-08-25 08:11
i have an ati x1300 apg card, one dvi output one vga , on the dvi i have the connecter taht switches from dvi to vga , myproblem is i cant install the ati drivers with catalyst something about netframeworks... but i am able to install just the drivers... the system recognices my secondery monitor...but nothing happens
ive tried everyt setting i can imagine and nothing
Christian Studer   2007-08-25 08:37
Did you try extending the desktop to the second monitor via Control Panel > Display > Settings?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
John L. Galt   2007-08-25 15:08
Ark,

Chris is right - using the Display properties, you need to enable the second monitor by selecting the check box beside "Extend my desktop onto this monitor".

Also, the Catalyst install error you are receiving is because you do not have .NET 2.0 installed, which is required for the Catalyst Control Center to run. No sweat, unless you plan on tweaking your system / the video card, it is not really needed. I personally use just the driers and UltraMon 3 Beta 1 to control enabling and disabling of the secondary monitor.

I have an ATI Radeon x1650 Pro, so I am basically in the same boat as you, a dual head card (2 monitor outputs), but both of mine are DVI, and both of my monitors are analog, so I am using 2 DVI to VGA converters.

HTH

I am I
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> dual monitor with Ati x1300 agp