Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Little question which hopefully gets answer
MeMyself   2007-08-28 07:13
Hello.

I'm getting a second monitor to my computer soon and I was wondering few things. Is it somehow possible, that when opening a game, the game opens in main monitor (normally the desktop would of course be on both monitors), while the secondary monitor shows desktop without mouse escaping from the main monitor to the secondary? And is it possible to switch between monitors when in game, as in if I have irc or messenger on secondary desktop and playing a game and would like to answer to someone in messenger without closing or minimizing the game?

Thank you for your answers! :)
gcdryden   2007-08-29 15:38
yes, by default the game will open on the primary monitor unless you specify otherwise with a program like ultramon.

yes, as long as the game is in full screen mode, the mouse will stay in the game, if the game is in window mode, then yes the mouse will move to the other monitor.

No, if the game is in full screen mode then you will have to minimize the game to make use of the other monitor.
Mas(+)teR   2007-09-16 03:01
As an addition to the reply above, you may find that some games ( especially Real Time Strategy) will not lock the mouse, making for a very annoying experience. To my knowledge, there is nothing you can do about this.
Christian Studer   2007-09-16 06:33
You could lock the mouse to the primary monitor via UltraMon, there's a hotkey for this under UltraMon Options > Hotkeys.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Little question which hopefully gets answer