Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is it possible to get ATI Radeon and Nvidia Geforce working together?
Fredrik   2007-09-26 07:37
Hi!

I've seem to have made the huge mistake of buying a lousy combination of cards.

I have a motherboard (ASUS M2A-VM HDMI) with on board ATI Radeon X1250.

For this I bought a Asus Geforce N6200TC256 64MB that is connected by PCI-E.

I have also bought 3 lcd monitors that I wish to connect. Both cards have 1 vga and 1 dvi-d port and monitors support both.

What I wish to do is have all three screens connected and run in Windows XP (Or Vista if thats required).

Now is this even possible and how do I do that?

Or should I just buy a new card. (if then what card? I have 1 pci and one pci-e slot)

Please advice!

Best regards,

Fredrik
ali   2007-09-28 14:19
yes it is possible , but u have to manipulate the installation process means u install the onboard first and setup it well and then install the pci-e card and then shift display in bios to pci-e after the card is fully installed , this should do the job
GoGoGadgetScott   2007-09-29 15:42
You should have no problem using XP. However, Vista's a no go. Vista requires both video cards to use the same driver and chipset.
Fredrik   2007-09-30 20:11
ALI:

I did this and I found three monitors, but it complained over a vga driver for an older version of windows when I run both.

Any idea?

Does it have to be a ATI radeon with a specific chipset or should most ati readeon cards do the trick? How do I know wich ones that match?
Fredrik   2007-10-03 20:47
Anyone?
Greg Walters   2007-10-17 07:47
ATI cards will only work well with other ATI cards due to the chipset on the cards.

Greg Walters
Operations Manager
http://www.naplestech.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is it possible to get ATI Radeon and Nvidia Geforce working together?