Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Clearcube C-Port (quadro NVS 285) 4 monitors, but windows treats as 1
Fishra   2007-09-26 08:33
I'm troubleshooting a problem where nview crashes and drags the rest of windows down with it, and I'm looking at UltraMon as a possible alternative to it. I'm using this on a Clearcube workstation, which, to avoid getting into a side conversation on setup, takes a very wide (5120x1024) single monitor (from windows point of view) and via hardware divides that into 4 LCD monitors.

From what I can see so far, UltraMon doesn't have the ability to subdivide windows behaviour on what it thinks is a single monitor. Is there any solution to this?

Any help is much appreciated
Christian Studer   2007-09-26 09:07
UltraMon has no built-in support for this, but you could use the VMonMaximize/MoveWnd scripts to partition a monitor for moving/maximizing windows via hotkey.

SplitView might also be able to do this, I'm not sure though if they support more than two partitions per monitor.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Fishra   2007-09-27 00:11
Thanks for your response Christian! I'll check that out.
ecarlson   2007-09-28 14:28
Is there any reason you can't run the video card in regular Windows Extended Desktop mode, instead of Span mode, so that Windows will see the 4 independent monitors? Then you wouldn't have to split the screens back into 4. Seems kind of backwards to span the screens then try to split them back into single screens.

Though if you are unable to run in regulars Windows Extended Desktop mode for whatever reason (and I'd be interested in knowing the reason, for my own knowledge, if you care to share), then you could try SplitView, GridMove, and I assume you've already tried "Enable Display Gridlines" + "Edit Gridlines" in nVidia NView Desktop Manager.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Clearcube C-Port (quadro NVS 285) 4 monitors, but windows treats as 1