Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Matrox DualHead2Go and Ultramon
Michael   2007-09-29 11:40
I recently installed the Matrox DualHead 2Go coming out of my laptop and then discovered the Ultramon.

My question is, do I have to completely uninstall the Matrox Software to use Ultramon AND, with Ultramon, do I just use a VGA splitter coming out of my laptop? I've two 19 inch widescreens and wish not to use the laptop monitor, but just the two 19 inches and this Dual Head 2Go is fine, but the span mode is a killer when you're developing and the 2024 by 768 stretch is a little too much. Can anyone help?

Mak
Christian Studer   2007-09-30 08:22
UltraMon doesn't support the DualHead2Go, the problem is that it will see the two monitors as a single large monitor.

Using a video splitter wouldn't help, you would have the same image on both monitors.

What you could do is install a PCMCIA video card for the second external monitor, for example the VTBook.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
boardtc   2007-12-03 19:33
As a committed user of UltraMon now, I recently was given a small thinkpad notebook for work. I have picked up the Matrox DualHead2Go hardware to be able to connect 2 19" monitors as one to it.

I was really hoping realtimesoft would have a solution to allow me to slit the 2 new monitors to use as proper multiple monitors :-( Is anyone aware of another solution?

Thanks, Tom.
boardtc   2007-12-03 20:18
Just found out from this forum about the village tronic solutions. Does anyone have any user experience using with the VTBook / ViDock...

Thanks, Tom.
Dave   2010-10-04 00:29
I am currently using several Matrox DualHead2Go's in a tiled projector matrix. My operating system is Win7. The graphic card is an ATI Eyefinity6.

It seems that having ATI Catalyst Control, Ultramon, and the Matrox software installed is causing a problem. The symptom is a race condition where the projectors flash in somewhat of a cycle after using Ultramon to set the desktop locations.

The cycling seems to continue indefinitely. I have it let it run past 6-7 minutes. I usually do a hardware shutdown.

Finally, I uninstalled all the Matrox software Turns out it's not really needed once the DH2Go's are configured. That seemed to do the trick. I can now use Ultramon (with Catalyst installed) to set the desktop locations.

Any thoughts as to why Matrox, Catalyst and Ultramon may not play well together?

--Dave
Christian Studer   2010-10-04 09:46
Sounds like an issue with the Matrox software, UltraMon uses the Windows API to make display configuration changes, this shouldn't negatively affect other applications.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Matrox DualHead2Go and Ultramon