Forums -> Multiple monitors -> motherboards
John   2007-10-07 15:20
ANyone know where I can find or know of a forum that speaks of motherboards, RAM and CPU's?? thnks
ecarlson   2007-10-08 03:23
I what context? There are tons of such forums.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
John   2007-10-10 01:31
Something that will be compatiable 4-8 yrs from now. SOmething advance to allow upgrades to the newest hardware, software, w/o out worrying whether my motherboard or socket is compatiable. The dunce of a machine I have now, can't upgrade processor...eveything today is running dual and quad core and i'm stuck w/ pentium, limit RAM capabalilites,
ecarlson   2007-10-10 14:06
I wouldn't plan to find a motherboard today that will take the new processors and memory from 4-8 years down the road. It's not likely to happen.

Even video card and hard drive connections change. It wasn't too long ago that we used PATA drives and AGP video cards, today it's all SATA drives and PCIe video cards. Who knows what the standards will be in 4-8 years, but many of them will be different than today.

I'm still using a parallel printer at home, and some computers, and most laptops, don't even have parallel ports, since most printers are USB or networked these days, and they could use some wireless technology tomorrow (some already do, but wireless technologies also change -- my old printer has an irda infrared port, which is a wireless technology, but nobody uses irda anymore now that we have Bluetooth and WiFi).

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> motherboards