Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Card interfering SBLive! Wave Output
Albert Claret   2001-10-07 15:28
Hi, I know this isn't a multi-monitor problem but I thought that you guys would maybe be able to help me on this issue. My brand new Teppro Hulk 5 200 32MB *PCI* w/ TV-Out (Nvidia Geforce2 MX 200 chipset) strongly interferes with my sound cards' wave out (SB Live! *AND* the soundcard integrated into the Soyo Mainboard). Whenever Windows does any of its effects (fading menus, color-to-black'n'white, etc) and there is a wave sound thru any of the sound cards, the sound gets totally distorted. Swapping the PCI slots of the cards doesn't fix this, and Windows doesn't allow resources to be set for neither the sound cards or the Teppro card. I found that this does not occur when manually disabling the Hulk video card (which does not turn off the video output, it just apparently switches to some 'generic' video mode) and the sound does not get distorted. Any ideas?
Boris   2001-10-11 13:15
Can you tell me specs for your computer?
might have ansver
Albert Claret   2001-10-14 07:56
Solved! There's a "known" conflict between VIA Chipsets, Geforce II MX Cards and SoundBlaster Live!. More info at http://www.deinmeister.de/mvp3_zlt_e.htm
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Card interfering SBLive! Wave Output