Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Inspiron 531S dual monitor with Video splitter cable and ultramon
Marce   2007-11-06 12:19
I purchase a Inspiron with Slim case, video card nvidia 8300 GS, this one has a DVI and a VGA but can be used at the same time.

So, if i want to have dual monitor without changing hardware, could i buy this cable :
http://cgi.ebay.com/DVI-D-to-Dual-DVI-D-M-F-Video-Splitter-Y-Cable-Adapter_W0QQitemZ290176601939QQihZ019QQcategoryZ74939QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and using Ultramon i'm going to be able to have a expanded monitor, or only the same mirrored ?
Or i need to buy another video card ?
Thanks to anyone who can answer this. I'm really stuck here.
ECarlson   2007-11-12 11:56
The answer is in the product description "DVI-D Splitter replicates single output into two outputs". You're not going to get something that can turn 1 DVI output into 2 unique outputs for only $2: That would be more like $200+ for something like the Matrox DualHead2Go Digital Edition.

If you have a desktop PC, and want dual DVI, then a new dual-DVI video card is probably the best/cheapest way to go.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Inspiron 531S dual monitor with Video splitter cable and ultramon