Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Boycott XP!!!
David DeCristoforo   2001-10-10 12:50
Nothing to do with multi-monitors but I for one am going to boycott XP. W2K is an excellent system and I see no reason to dump it for an OS that I will not even be able to install on my wife or daughter's computer without having to pay three times! (Not to mention the problems that will pop up every time the system is rebuilt.) BS!! The Windows activation concept SUCKS in every respect. I don't mind paying for my software, but once I buy it it is mine and as long as I don't try to sell my copy it's nobodys biz what I do with it. This is like being told that I can't let my wife read a book I bought or listen ot a CD I paid for without having to get "permission" first. "Sorry, that's not the CD player this disk is registered to!" Again I say BS!! The best way to resist this kind of crap is DON'T BUY IT!!
DD
Brian   2001-10-10 17:32
exactly. but then again, you buy a liscense to use the software, not the software itself. I agree..and i dont see how the goverment let this pass. Too bad too, its a good OS..just use the non-activation one.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Boycott XP!!!