Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 6200 and dual monitor support
Austin Andrews   2007-11-25 17:07
Alright, hopefully somebody here can help me. I have an nvidia 6200 in my pc (agp slot, windows xp pro, Pent.4). I have two monitors that I wish to hook up. Currently, one monitor is plugged into the vga on the card, the other to the integrated graphics vga. I can get both to work this way. However, how do I get the computer to send a signal to the DVI output of the card? when plugged into that, the second monitor does nothing, and the video card doesn't recognize anything either. any ideas? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software and drivers for the card, but no luck. The computer still only lists the vga port of the card and the vga port of the integrated graphics in the display adapters sectoin of the display properties. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
David DeRolph   2007-11-26 05:56
Why not just continue using the VGA port on the video card?

Have you tried connecting both cards to the video card? Ignore/disable the onboard.
Austin Andrews   2007-11-26 07:27
Would using the integrated VGA port still give me the same benefits of using the video card? In other words, does a video card just apply the benefits and processing power of the card to the monitors that hook directly to the card, or to all the monitors hooked to the computer, regardless of the ouput port? Yes, I have tried hooking both monitors to the card at once...I still only get a response from the vga port. Even when the DVI is the only monitor plugged in to the card, still nothing.
David DeRolph   2007-11-26 09:26
The better performance of a card, vs. onboard, will only apply to the monitors actually attached to the card.

I don't know what's going on with your card as far as not being able to get any video display from the DVI port. Hopefully, someone will post some comments on that.

However, DVI has several formats and perhaps that's the issue here; for some info, see http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_info.html Does your monitor require a specific type?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 6200 and dual monitor support