Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitors, but only 2 work
vincev   2007-11-29 04:56
i am using the trial Ultramon. I have 2 monitors connected up to an NVIDIA GeForce 6200 adaptor. I have a 3rd connected up to the original adaptor that came with the machine (Intel 82845G). I cant get the 3rd one to 'extend'. The power button is illuminated indicating it is on and connected (it isnt getting a dull orange color that would indicate there is no connection/feed). And when i open Display properties, the 3rd monitor is shown as an icon, and is available to be checked to 'extend'. But when you check that box and apply, the display properties window kind of freezes for a moment like it is doing something and then refreshes and shows the 'extend' box unchecked (and the monitor stays as is). Thoughts?
David DeRolph   2007-12-01 07:19
I may be wrong but I believe some systems will not you use the onboard video along with an add-on video card. If you state the make and model of your computer, perhaps someone can provide a more definitive answer.

I also suggest visiting the manufacturer's website and searching for info on your system.

If I'm correct about above statement, you could install a PCI video card to run your third monitor.
Ali   2007-12-04 14:36
Hi, this may be insensitive of me but i also need a solution tht u might be able to give me em step lower than u and em using 2 LCDs 22" on a X1950pro but cant get display on one of them and having the same problem with the extend option. Also i can c the logos of both MB and windows on both LCds while loading and after tht one monitor goes blank.

Can u help me out
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 monitors, but only 2 work