Forums -> Multiple monitors -> How to Setup FS2004 Multimonitor using 7900GXE x2 non SLI
gpawood   2007-12-11 15:17
What is the best way to setup FS2004 with four monitors?
Three 19" Dell for outside views (span mode, 3840x1024?) and One 22" Dell for 2d panel view/FSNavigator...
My System:
Motherboard - Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 @ 2.67 Ghz
Video - XFX GeForce 7900 GX Extreme @ 256MB x2 not in SLI
RAM - Kingston KVR667D2N5 @ 4GB
Power - OCZ GameXStream 600 Watts
Hard Disk - Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA 300GB
Hard Disk - Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA 160GB
Windows XP Home SP2

I can use all four monitors now, 22" for 2d panel, others for web,FSNavigator,panels, etc, but I want to set this up for having full outside views and 2d panel view,, but not virtual panel. I've seen some pictures of a similar setup using three outside views and two for 2d panel/panels/FSNavigator, but there was no link to the user.

thanks in advance,
tommie c
AndyK1812   2007-12-15 06:54
Tommie,
It is best to not use span mode with Flight Simulator the alignment sucks as compared to dual view mode on video cards and undocked window views in flight sim. First create new cockpit view for each outside view you need and undock the view. Them move these windows to the other monitors and size them to the screen. Then select view options in the view menu and select the view direction for each monitor. That the basics of setting up multi-monitor views in FS9 but to really get realistic viewpoint have to angle your monitors and edit the panel files of each aircraft (VIEWS section). A good resource for learn how to do it is the WidevieW manual. Download and install WidevieW the move the PDF manual to your documents folder then you can uninstall WidevieW. You can see my old setup in the gallery; now I use all LCDs 3 Samsung 20" widescreens, and 3 19" LCDs. So I have 5 outside views and the instrument panel.
AndyK1812   2007-12-15 06:58
Tommie,
Also I forgot to mention that you must save/load the situation for the views to come up in the monitor the next time.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> How to Setup FS2004 Multimonitor using 7900GXE x2 non SLI