Forums -> Multiple monitors -> full screen video with 3 monitors?
Wisang   2007-12-11 20:38
Hi all.. I have a question regarding the use of 3 monitors. I'm planning to buy a TripleHead2go but need a confirmation whether it can play a full screen video (1920 x 480 in size) stretched to three monitors. I've been hearing that it works with games, but has anyone ever tried using it to play video (with windows media player)? Or is there any other way I can do so? Thanks a lot.. looking forward for your answer.

Regads,
Wisang
Sniperchang   2007-12-13 06:47
Unfortunately, most videos do not span across multiple monitors. I believe it's due to issues with overlay or something. I've tried it my self it my self and this seems true.

Have fun with games though! Most games (that support widescreen and non-standard resolutions) will work.
ecarlson   2007-12-15 06:52
I think the TrippleHead2Go runs in Span mode (simulating one large monitor from 3 monitors), so video should be fine across 3 because Windows thinks it is 1 monitor.

Some video players will also play across multiple monitors in regular Extended Desktop mode, so you can try other players if you still have issues, or if you are using a non-span solution.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Mike in Phoenix   2007-12-16 04:14
I am interested in your results on this as I was also considering getting that model. Please keep us informed.
jc98   2007-12-17 00:07
have a look at http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ i play video on 2 monitors
Slackmaster K   2007-12-30 18:58
My experience with Vista SP1 is that it allows video to span multiple screens; even multiple cards - As long as you can size the window right.

___
Slackmaster K
blog
multimon page
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> full screen video with 3 monitors?