Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Icon Color problems in Win2k with Dual monitors
Kef   2001-10-13 20:03
I run Win2k with an Asus GF2 GTS as primary, 1152*864*32bits, and a S3 as secondary, 800*600*16bits. Detenator v 21.81

And now i have 16 color icons everywhere!!!
I don't know why this happend to me, cause I have a friend with almost the same config. without any problems like mine.

I've also checked so that "Show icons using all possible colors" option is enabled.. :((
Thugbear   2001-10-20 22:44
This is what helped for me:

Disable the Asus GF2 GTS as primary, making the S3 primary. Then disable the Asus with the option "expand my windows desktop".

Then lower the colors to 256 on the S3. Then lower the resolution to 640x480 on the S3.

Uncheck the "Show icons using all possible colors" option. Aply the new settings, the check te option again, and apply. It will say you are not using enough colors, but we will come to that.

Now change the colors of your S3 to 16 bit or higher, apply. Then resolution back to the original, and apply. Now expand your desktop to the Asus, keeping your S3 as primary. Apply again. Now make you Asus the primary, and apply.

This worked for me. I noticed that I have to do this sometimes when certain programs (netmeeting) crash.

Succes, and let me know if it worked?
Smiler   2001-10-21 01:17
Top tip: Get new XP detonator drivers. They have vastly improved multiple monitor support especially with 2K.
Smiler   2001-10-21 01:17
Top tip: Get new XP detonator drivers. They have vastly improved multiple monitor support especially with 2K.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Icon Color problems in Win2k with Dual monitors