Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Installing Secondary Graphics Card
Sniperchang   2007-12-13 06:54
Hello,

I have a question/problem regarding installing a secondary Graphics card. I have a NVIDIA graphics card (7950GT, PCI-E) and I installed a ATI Graphics card (Radeon 9000, PCI). Long story short I'm having trouble properly installing the drivers for the PCI Card.

My Current BIOS setting is set to boot on my PCI-E NVIDIA Card, for I wish to set the PCI ATI card as the secondary graphics card. However the drivers ATI provided doesn't install (There's a INF error popping-up). So I tried to manually install just the drivers with the device manager. Now it appears that each time I boot-up, if I go to display settings, the ATI card shows up fine, but if I go back to display settings a second time, I receive a error massage saying "The currently selected graphics display driver can not be used. It was written for a previous version of windows...". If I reboot same thing happens, seems fine the first, but the error comes up on the second time I go to display settings.

If you have any information or solutions, I would be grateful.

Thank you

PS: After I click ok for the error message, in the display settings my NVIDIA card shows up fine, but when I select the ATI card it has a resolution of -1 x -1, no Color quality settings, and there's missing a few things in the advance menu as well. This seems like a clear sign that the driver is the issue here.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Installing Secondary Graphics Card