Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Secondary PCI that doesn't require to be initialised in BIOS before AGP with Win2K?
KevinST   2001-10-14 23:06
Hi all,

I've currently got a GeForce2 GTS in my AGP slot and a ATI xpert@work in a PCI slot, I'm running Win2K.
Although this works to an extent, I get graphics corruption on the ATI card (in the PCI slot) unless I initialise the PCI card first in the BIOS. I don't want to do this as I don't always have the 2nd monitor connected so would miss the initial Win2K dialogue.

ATI say that the only fix is to initialse the PCI card in BIOS.

Can anyone suggest a PCI card that doesn't need to be initialised first in the BIOS when running Win2K???

Thanks

KevinST
Christian Studer   2001-10-14 23:11
Most newer PCI cards don't need to be primary in BIOS to work fine with Windows 2000. See the shopping guide for some suggestions.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
KevinST   2001-10-14 23:34
Grreat - Thanks!!! (why didn't I find that page before???)

Now to find out which of those I can get here in the UK.
KevinST   2001-10-24 21:24
Thanks for the help - the system is now working perfectly!

Cards:
GeForce GTS in the AGP slot. This is the primary video card as defined in the BIOS (i.e. this is the card initialsed first).
nVidia TNT2 M64 in the PCI slot.

Software:
Win2K SP2
I'm using the Detonator XP drivers for the GTS, but the Win2K version of the driver for the TNT2M64 (I found that if I used the detonator drivers on the TNT2 the system would not remember the refresh rate for that card!).
With this setup I don't have to disable the 2nd monitor when playing OpenGL games :-)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Secondary PCI that doesn't require to be initialised in BIOS before AGP with Win2K?