Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Physical output order & windows issues with NVS440
Brian   2008-01-03 09:52
I use nvs440's (both 16x and 1x) cards for multiple monitor configurations (up to 9 monitors). With the PNY nvs440 it appears to be arbitrary as to which output is the primary. If I only have one monitor hooked up I have to jump around from output to output to find which one windows has chosen. The BIOS always appears correctly but not the OS.

Sometimes when I change resolution on one of the monitors (when more than one are hooked up) windows will change which one is the primary (even if it is a connector with no monitor attached).

My current solution is to use older fx5200 PCI cards that both the BIOS and widows default to and then use the nvs440 for the external outputs (these are external video feeds). This works as windows for whatever reason - regardless of type of PC - uses the PCI as the primary. Unfortunately the newer drivers for the nvs440 are not cooperating with the fx5200 in all cases.

I'd love to be able to tell windows to use the windows ID with this specific physical output but I can't find a way to do this.

Any ideas?
JD   2008-03-11 20:20
Hi.
This is not really helping your problem, would like to know if you have hints for me.
I have a Leadtek NVS440 and couldn't display video (for camera network), but downloaded the latest driver of the nVidia website, which fixed the problem, but now the multiview option is gone and can only horizontally span the desktop over 2 screens at a time. The camera software used does not funtion well in normal Windows based DualView and using the 'Extend my desktop to this screen' option.
Any advice would be appreciated

Regards

Jan-Daniƫl
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Physical output order & windows issues with NVS440