Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 7+ monitors at different locations in building
Ben   2008-01-16 06:27
Hello.

I have been looking a various multiple monitor/digital signage solutions, but haven't seen anything that fits with what I want to do.

I have about 7 conference rooms around my office, and I want to display a different slide show (not the same slide on all monitors) on a standard LCD outside each conference room. Idealy this slide should would switch between the room's schedule and announcements, and other things. I am hoping to control all monitors from a single server.

Is this possible with a single server? How can I get the video signal from one end of the building to the other? Any recommendations on hardware and software would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for any and all help!

Ben
Ben   2008-01-18 06:13
I have somewhat settled on a course for this project. Please let me know if you can think of any improvements, gotchas or ways to save money.

I am going to use 2 quad-output video cards in a server. I am planning to use Gefen VGA extender or similar from BlackBox to push my video feeds accross the building. For the presentations, it will probably be PowerPoint with the PowerShow utility to control the output selection.

Thanks,
Ben
ecarlson   2008-01-18 16:08
Sounds okay if you only need 150' runs from server to monitor. If you need longer, one option is to use another computer (or computers) to drive some of the monitors remotely, from the main server.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Gene   2008-01-24 11:35
yeah unless you have the monitor close to the server, you will have to have seperate comps for each one. you will have to have the information process seperately for it to work
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 7+ monitors at different locations in building