Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PCI is now primary instead of AGP
Dave K   2001-10-16 10:23
AGP card is a (VisionTek) GeForce 3
PCI card is a (VisionTek) GeForce 2MMX

After installing the PCI, the AGP becomes monitor 2. The BIOS (HP Pavilion 7950 | 1.2 ghz Athlon | Win ME) is set for AGP.

This setup would be fine except I need the GeForce 3 for my games. Does anyone know why the PCI card is now recognized as primary and how can change this.

Thanks
barichello   2001-10-16 10:45
it's the primary because your pci is initialised before your agp. With a newer bios, you should be able to set agp to primary. Somewhere in 'advanced options'in your bios setup.
With win2k you can choose which card you want as primary, it'll change after booting. However, games may still recognise your pci card as primary.
Dave K   2001-10-30 15:52
Okay, it's great to get someone to respond to a post, but another thing to have the person respond in ignorance. Bro - I posted that the AGP card is set as primary in the BIOS and that the O/S is WinME. So why would someone, that obviously read my post, reply with, "change your BIOS advanced settings to detect the AGP card as primary" and then mention Win2000? One I already did, and the second is not regarding my O/S.

Jeeesh...anybody out there got any helpful suggestions?
Terry   2001-10-30 18:50
Try updating your BIOS and, if possible, your video card BIOSes.

I've heard it mentionaed that some mobos work better if the PCI card isn't in the slot directly next to the AGP. Try moving it and see what happens.

Terry
Fuk DaveK   2001-11-23 03:30
Dave K - you're a fucking cockhead. You can't fix your shit (tard!), and then trash people for trying to help you? Whatta dickhole! GO post where someone gives a flying fuck about your ass-lickin' probs!!!
Dave's Mom   2001-12-05 09:05
Dave, you really are kind of a dick.
CrymSYN   2001-12-26 01:10
I'm having the same problem as you Dave, and your right about your igmorance reamrk, dont listen to these people, but the problem i encounter is that it tells me theres not enough free resources to run my nvidia geforce2 Mx/400
and its making my pci ATI xpert 128 primary
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PCI is now primary instead of AGP