Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Flight Simulator X on Three Cards, One Computer
Slackmaster K   2008-02-04 07:12
I just installed Flight Simulator 10 for the first time, and I'm getting some odd behavior.

When I have all six monitors enabled, clicking "Fly Now" immediately crashes to the desktop with no error messages or event logs.

When I disable all but one monitor, it runs fine.

When I disable all but the two monitors on my primary card, it runs fine, but only on my primary display.

So do I need to install WideView despite the fact that I don't plan to network it? Are all these pictures I see just people cheating with fancy Matrox TripleHead2Go's? Help.

____
My multimon page
Slackmaster K   2008-02-04 07:13
Bah, I forgot. Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
2GB XMS2
EVGA 680i Mobo
(3x) Sapphire ATI Radeon X1650 Pro

Six monitors arranged pure landscape: 8200x1050.

____
My multimon page
AndyK1812   2008-02-06 06:15
Slackmaster,
I've been trying to get FSX to work with 6 monitors since its release last year with no success. I have pretty much given up on it, and I use FS9 only now which has no problem with any number of monitors. Microsoft really disappointed me with that flight simulator release, it not only can not handle multimonitors correctly; it also should have been a multi-threaded program.

Andy
AndyK1812   2008-02-06 06:24
Slackmaster,
By the way, a better program to use for flight simulator on more than one computer is MaxiVista Pro v3. Even if you use more than one computer FSX will still crash with more than 4 monitors. I've tried a lot of different configurations with no luck, it is just not coded correctly to use more than 4 monitors.

Andy
Malky   2008-02-15 04:45
I haven't tried pure landscape, just independent, as in dual view. The frustrating thing is that I did get 6 monitors working when I used the Longhorn demo. Since 4 of my monitors are touchscreens, I couldn't get the drivers for them to work. As I said in a previous post, the cards I was using then was an 8800 GTS and an nVidia 400 NVS or 440NVS. I don't remember if the NVS was PCIe or just PCI. I'm currently using XP but it s at work and not connected to the net for updates. I'd really like to hear from anyone who has got 5 or more monitors going on XP or vista.

Malky
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Flight Simulator X on Three Cards, One Computer