Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Ultramon and ATI SurroundView
Neven   2008-03-03 01:53
Hi,

I'm all fairly new to this so I hope someone is willing to help out and forgive ignorant questions. :-)

A client of mine wants a low power system to drive three 24" monitors. These monitors are supposed to show all kinds of 3D- and 2D-visualisations independently of each other.

I am looking into ATI's SurroundView technology that makes it possible to combine the IGP on the motherboard with an ATI HD3650 card. In this manner I'd have three DVI-ports.

Now my client claims that it's difficult to get multi-monitor setups to work properly with two different graphic cards and leans more towards a Matrox solution (which in my view would pose a serious bottleneck for the 3D visualisations). After having checked out the Ultramon-software I don't agree with that.

However, will Ultramon also function properly when I combine the IGP of a 690G chipset-mobo (which supports SurroundView) for 1 monitor and an ATI HD3470/3650 for 2 monitors?

Thanks,

Neven
Christian Studer   2008-03-03 10:40
This is handled by Windows, extending the desktop across multiple video cards is no problem.

UltraMon will work fine with such a setup, the only requirement is that the video card(s) support regular extended desktop mode (most do).

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Neven   2008-03-03 11:47
Thanks a lot, Christian. I'll advise my client to use Ultramon and report if anything interesting happens.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Ultramon and ATI SurroundView