Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Both monitors work fine in Win2k, but screensavers do TERRIBLE things...
spiff   2001-10-24 01:23
Hey guys! I am hoping someone will have advice for me. I am running Win2k build 2195, and am running 2 monitors without much problem. Main monitor is a 21inch monitor connected to a Visiontek GeForce2MX400 AGP card, second is a 17inch Sony Trinitron connected to a STB Velocity 128 PCI card.

The thing that DOESN'T work is - screensavers. At all. Now, all the default ones provided with Win2k seem to work fine.

But, the Matrix Code Emulator, as well as the other Matrix Code scr that supports dual monitors do NOT work. Now, they both work FINE in preview mode, but when the screensaver automatically starts, all I get is the locked workstation, no screensaver.

From what I've read on these boards, both those screensavers should work? Also, reading last night on here, I found some nifty open GL screensavers that are supposed to work with Dual Monitor setups. I got the SkyRocket one working, but after running for a while, it locked my machine. Hopefully that is a seperate issue?

Anyways - has anyone run into this problem? I have already perused these boards, so I know that the MCE scr should work with dual monitors, at least... what's my problem?

Thanks in advance!

-spiff
spiff   2001-10-24 01:38
BTW, I forgot to mention... All these issues were happening already, and I installed UltraMon in hopes of clearing up the problem. UltraMon did not help the screensaver issue, nor did the disabling of the secondary monitor.

-spiff
spiff   2001-10-25 01:42
*bump*

Anyone?
Hello?

I could really use some advice on this, or I'm liable to put a telephone pole through my monitor in frustration!

TIA!

-spiff
MAC   2001-12-19 22:02
HEllo,

I just built a dual monitor system running 98. Thing crashes all the time, won't support QuickCAM that's for sure. But I like it.

Anyway, I found a great site for dual monitor support - Christian Studer's

www.realtimesoft.com/multimon

or if that don't get you there do a google search on Cristian Studer. Good Luck!
MAC   2001-12-19 22:05
Jeez I have been up allnight trying to get the system to work and didn't realize I posted the comment on the Studer site - I was looking for screensavers for dual monitors at the time I located the thread - sorry!!!
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Both monitors work fine in Win2k, but screensavers do TERRIBLE things...