Forums -> Multiple monitors -> I just want the same picture on the projector screen!
Ian Everest   2008-03-31 01:51
After connecting a new Opitima DS305R projector to my laptop, it did the automatic search for the signal from the laptop - but wouldn't lock-on to it. I went into (Windows XP) - Control Panel/Display/Settings to check resolution was Ok for projector (it was). In the Display Settings box there are two monitor icons - no 1 and 2. For no 1, the two tick box choices are both greyed out and ticked. ("Use this Device as the primary monitor" and "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor").
If I make monitor 2 active, "Use this device as my promary monitor" is greyed out and not ticked. "Extend my Windows desktop" etc is available and unticked. If I tick this, I get a picture through the projector, but it is set up as a double monitor with no 1. If I click on identity, no 1 comes up on the laptop screen and no 2 on the projector screen. The picture on the projector screen is not as seen on the laptop - I only see any of the icons if I drag them over to the extreme edge of the laptop screen. I connected the projector to my desktop pc and it worked perfectly.

Ian Everest
Slackmaster K   2008-03-31 02:53
Sounds like you're going into "Extended" mode, which is the default. Go into your display manager (Catalyst Control Center, or whatever Nvidia's is called) and set them to "Clone Mode".

Blog
Justa Guy   2010-10-10 05:01
There's also a setting in the Windows 7 display properties where you can choose from a drop-down menu to clone or extend desktop to display foo.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> I just want the same picture on the projector screen!