Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Trying to get 3rd monitor working
M3chick   2008-03-31 07:41
Hi all!

Heres my setup:

Windows Vista 32 bit
AMD XPx2 6000+
3 gigs of memory
Nvidia 8800GT running two 19" LCDs

Unfortunately I dont have another PCI express slot so I bought a Nvidia 6200 OC 256mb PCI card for a 3rd 19" monitor.

I erased all of my old drivers and installed a new Nvidia driver to run all 3 monitors. I checked to first to make sure both cards use the same driver. Everything turns on but the monitor connected to the 6200 PCI card displays very choppy video and causes freezing and reboots.

Can anyone be so kind as to help me get onboard with 3 monitors like the rest of you?

Thanks
Coolz   2008-04-03 03:23
Sounds like a driver problem..
A couple of questions..

1. did you load each cards drivers separately?
If you did then get a program called Driver Cleaner and delete both drivers. Then just install the one driver for both( just get the latest driver that shows both cards in the specs..)

2. did you just install the second card and let it find the right drivers?
Some times you have to install the drivers for the first card and then intall the second card and let the os find the right drivers for it..

I have three cards - A PCIe 8400GS,,PCI 5500,, and a PCI 5500.. I just find the latest drivers that support both kinds of cards and just install it,, It asks do i want to install for each individual card and i click yes.. Works fine for me..

Hope this Helps !!!
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Trying to get 3rd monitor working