Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Cant force AGP primary!! HELP!
James   2001-10-25 04:31
Hi,

I cant seem to force my mobo to use my AGP card as the primary video card? I cant find anything in the BIOS that mentions settings called 'Initialize First', 'Init Display First' or similar?
The board is a ASUS P2B.
The video cards are:
Hercules TNT2 Ultra AGP
Sparkle TNT2 PCI
My computer just boots up, W2K sees the PCI card, uses that and completely ignores (doesnt even see it!?) the AGP one.
Has anyone got a P2B board and had this problem?
Any advice really appreiciated!

Thanks,

James.
Nite   2001-10-25 18:21
Tried updating the mobo's BIOS?

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
jack brady   2001-10-25 19:38
Hi,

I had a similar problem with my old desktop. You might try the following:

Physically remove your pci card from the computer. Then boot it up and the agp one should then begin to work.

After that, shut down, and reinstall your pci card. At that point both cards should work.

On my computer there was some kind of toggle that needed to be activated before I could get both my video cards to work. It might work for you..

Anyhow, Good luck, Jack Brady.
mancjew   2001-10-29 16:47
I tried doing that but still got the problem.
I help WinMe to recognise the card but still thinks my TNT PCI is the primary.
Norman Brooks   2001-10-30 08:38
Go to settings and set video to default VGA.
Shutdown machine.
Physically remove PCI video card and inset ONLY the AGP card.
Start computer....assuming the screen initializes go into the BIOS and select AGP first.

Run up Windows and set up the video card to the proper resolution, colour depth etc. When you're happy with it, shut down the computer.

Inset the PCI card and reboot.
Assuming you have PnP set up properly it should see the card, identify it and attempt to set up the drivers.

In windows right click on the background select Properties and settings.

You should see a phantom monitor ... follow the instructions from then on.

nbrooks@accesscable.net
Dave K   2001-10-30 15:57
Yo Norman, can you read my post just below this one? Tell me if this could work for me also - although I've already returned the second vid card to the store, I sure could've used this advice about two weeks ago.

Thanks.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Cant force AGP primary!! HELP!