Forums -> Multiple monitors -> How to play video file on selected monitor? (Dual monitor System))
Avalon   2008-04-20 05:09
Hi All. Please help me to solve a big (for me) problem. I have got a system with 2 videocards and ordinary monitor and wide big board. So my problem its how to play file on selected monitor(If there will be 2 or more boards).So user is sitting at the desk and an ordinary monitor is behind his face. He launch an app and click a button then. At this moment an video file begins to playing on big board. But not on ordinary monitor. How to do it? I have created a code which enumerates monitors and video devices in the system. But how to play a file on selected monitor(device)? Thats an issue. Please help me to do this I am very tired to find a solution. Thank you.

Dangerous
Mike   2008-06-12 01:42
It seems that a software named MatrixDVD can help you do this, it has a video playback mode can dispatch video images to the monitors you select.
Wanke   2008-06-18 12:11
Tried matrixdvd, but it works only on win32.
David DeRolph   2008-06-19 05:06
Hmm ..., first time I ever heard a monitor called a board. Odd.
David DeRolph   2008-06-19 05:15
You know how to move application windows from one monitor to the other, such as dragging a Word window from one to the other, right? Does this not work with the video display you're talking about?
Alson   2008-07-13 13:02
Great, I am looking for this software days.
Tubie   2008-07-15 13:21
Software is awesome, has anyone tested its realease version?
Dajiba   2008-07-22 15:58
Try it, but how can I send video to the monitors other than the primary one (controller)?
Dajiba   2008-07-23 13:30
It's OK.
Rich   2008-08-06 19:11
Two suggestions you might try.

1. VLC media player can be set to automatically play full screen on the monitor which the link is clicked. ie, double click a video link on monitor 2 it will play on monitor two. I believe that in the skins mode you can tell it which monitor to use regardless.

2. A program called Auto Hot Keys can move your video window as soon as it opens. This would require writing a script for your particular system but it's not that difficult.
Dodukou   2008-08-29 01:38
a very cool software, anyone try its release version? i think i can use matrixdvd to build a video wall of 3x3....
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> How to play video file on selected monitor? (Dual monitor System))