Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Make an App Start on a Specific Monitor
John   2008-04-25 05:09
Is there a way to:

Make an App Start on a Specific Monitor ?

I'm using UltraMon v3.0 Beta 2.1

John
Christian Studer   2008-04-25 11:16
To do this, right-click the application's shortcut, select Properties from the menu, then select the UltraMon - Window tab and configure the settings as desired.

Please note that this may not work with all applications.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Esmond Poynton   2008-04-30 21:06
I am trying out this software and this is the one feature I really need.

I have 100's of batch files that do stuff like open firewalls etc before it launches a putty session.

Using the method above I can make the initial batch file open in the monitor I want, however once the batch file has complete the first task .. ie. open the firewall the second command it runs opens in the primary monitor.

Also if I have an application that is X windows based I can open it in the 2nd monitor but any child windows it opens are in the 1st monitor. Is it possible to lock any child windows to the parent monitor?

I hope you can help and answer these questions.
Sha   2008-05-13 03:12
I am too interested in this problem.

I administer several servers from home on a daily basis and to spare my beloved 2x 24" BenQ's, I purchased a seperate 22" monitor for the TS clients.

Using the method posted, I get the initial "connecting to ..." on the 3rd monitor but then launches the TS client on the 1st.

I have tried Ultramon Display > Custom Settings:

Set Primary to Monitor 3
Disable Monitor 1 + 2
Re-enable disabled monitors after 20seconds

After the monitors have been disabled, the TS client launches fine, when the other 2 monitors are re-enabled, the full screen TS client stretches over all 3 monitors with huge black borders around them where the 24" screens have a higher resolution.
Christian Studer   2008-05-13 12:53
UltraMon can't position the Remote Desktop window, at least I haven't been able to get this working with recent Remote Desktop versions.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Kelly Grant   2009-06-24 07:05
We solved this by making a call to UltraMon.exe using the /p option (for primary monitor). We make the desired output screen primary, then call the application. For tidyness, we set the primary back on return from the program.

Kelly
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Make an App Start on a Specific Monitor