Forums -> Multiple monitors -> "Locked" multimonitor setup and HTPC
Morten   2008-05-24 01:22
Hi,

I am running a HTPC with a dualmonitor setup where my LCD-tv are configured as primary monitor and a touchscreen on my case as secondary monitor (extended). The setup works great without the use of anything but Vista's screen configuration.

But when I turn of the primary monitor (or boot the computer without the primary monitor on), the secondary monitor turns into the primary monitor, which ruins my setup.

Is there a way to set up the monitors and have the settings "locked" so that they won't change regardless which monitors are turned on and off? Perhaps using ultramon?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
7h0m   2008-05-26 12:46
Do you have the Mozart TX case?

I would also like to know.
Morten   2008-05-26 20:00
No, I have a OrigenAE S16T. It's a super nice case except for the fact that I cannot get the display to work as I intended it to. So I am still hoping for some comments!

I do not know anything about the case you refere to, but if it, as my OrigenAE, connects a touchscreen via a vga-cabel, then I am sure your problems are exactly the same as mine...
rodrigo   2008-07-25 09:51
I am using Silverstone CW03 case.
Currently I am setting up required software, including players, games etc.
Small 7-inch LCD is primary display and test CRT 17-inch monitor (to be replaced with plazma TV) is secondary display.
I am using GeForce driver ver. 175.19 and a corresponding Nview Desktop.
I assigned Media Player Classic to the 17-inch monitor with selected "Run in fullscreen mode" option and all its dialog windows to the 7-inch LCD display. When I open any video file, MPC starts on the 17-inch display in fullscreen mode.
Basically I am using 7-inch LCD for setting up, tuning, launching smth, etc.
I have not tried gaming, but I suspect, that for gaming I will have to selecet 17-inch monitor as primary.
So far I have only one unsolved problem - with visualization plug-in MilkDrop for WinAmp. I wanted to launch WinAmp on 7-inch LCD and use 17-inch display for displaying MilkDrop visualization. I tried to start the MilkDrop window on secondary display (by manual drag-n-drop or by automatically by nView settings) and it works. But when I switch this MilkDrop to fullscreen mode, it comes to the primary display (i.e. 7-inch LCD).
What shall I do? Shall I use UltraMon utility?
Johnnie   2009-01-03 05:55
Hi,

Was wondering if some of you resolved the issue?

John
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> "Locked" multimonitor setup and HTPC