Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Why can't ultramon use hotkeys to clone screens in order to play 3d apps on 2 screens.
7h0m   2008-05-26 12:44
Hi! Since NVidia decided to butt-sex it's customers by removing all traces of Hotkeys in it's control panel i have to rely on the incredible ultramon.

However, why does Ultramon specify that you CANNOT run 3d apps on both displays in 'mirror' mode if i can clearly do it via the Nvidia control panel?

Thanks for reading, hail Ultramon.
Christian Studer   2008-05-27 08:45
This is due to how UltraMon mirroring works, it's not the same as the video card's clone mode.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
7h0m   2008-05-29 03:23
hey Christian, Nvidia is braking my balls by removing hotkeys in the control panel. Any ideas on how i could trigger 'cloning' with a button or hotkey?

Thanks, I remember you helping me way back. Great to see you're still around.
7h0m   2008-05-29 04:38
Im posting back because my msg was vague. In short I'd like to know if it's possible with ultra-mon or another app/registry value to activate the 'real' clone mode. Thanks.
Christian Studer   2008-05-29 09:06
Here's some information on changing multi-monitor modes with Nvidia cards, you could put this into a batch file and then run the batch file via hotkey.

I don't know if this still works with the latest drivers though.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Why can't ultramon use hotkeys to clone screens in order to play 3d apps on 2 screens.