Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Matrox G450 eTV and ATI 3D RAGE II+
David   2001-11-05 06:57
I have the Matrox G450 eTV card (AGP) initialized first in BIOS, but in Win2k Pro my other card (ATI on PCI bus) does not get initialized - so the dual monitor capability is disabled. Windows finds the ATI Card fine, all drivers are correctly installed, but I don't get any signal. Now, when I go to BIOS and switch the initialization to PCI slot first, then it works. I do get both monitors up and running - the PROBLEM is that in this setting my TV tuner does not work. Obviously the Matrox eTV needs to be primary by BIOS. My question is: does anyone know, how to get the other video card in PCI slot to work and still keep AGP as primary?

Thanks - any help is appreciated.

David Ponevac
Ponevac.com
Ziyad Hosein   2001-11-06 03:12
No love dude

http://support.ati.com/infobase/3663.html

Windows Tweaks and Retro Drivers
David   2001-11-06 08:14
Thanks for the info. That stinks, now I have to buy new card ...

David Ponevac
Ponevac.com
Korey   2001-11-13 16:00
I have a 2 old ATI cards working in Win2K

ATI All-in-wonder pro AGP & ATI Rage II PCI, go into your bios & set it to initialize the PCI card first, then when windows boots you should get both displays..

you may have to pull your AGP card first, in order to configure 2K..
David   2001-11-20 11:30
Thank, but that's not the solution ... My AGP needs to be primary, otherwise my TV won't work ...

David Ponevac
Ponevac.com
Mesh   2002-08-14 03:42
I also have an old rageII+ pci card that i've tried at some point as a 2nd display and unlike the information that it must be the primary display to function in multi-display setups it worked anyhow, don't ask me to explain what's 'special' about my system that made it work since I don't know.

Mesh
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Matrox G450 eTV and ATI 3D RAGE II+