Forums -> Multiple monitors -> gateway gm5664: connecting an lcd monitor and projector simultaneously
ash   2008-06-09 13:03
hi all!

quick question, i bought the GM 5664 gateway HTPC to connect to my epson 1080UB projector. this combo gets me my 1920x1080 resolution thru the projector. then i noticed that there are 2 DVI outputs on the back of the computer, and i thought, let's get a cheap 19" lcd flat panel and that way, i can use the flat panel for photo editing and stuff and turn on the projector only when i need to, like watching HDTV or Bluray's.

i tried to do this, and got a 19" acer lcd flat panel monitor and my epson 1080UB working together, BUT found that the resolution on both got bumped DOWN to 1440x900, the max resolution of the lcd.

getting the projector back up to 1920x1080 was a hassle, even if i turned the 19" off. i had to reboot with all connections to the 19" lcd out, in order to go back to 1920x1080 on my projector.

both the epson 1080ub and acer 19" monitor are connected to DVI ports on the back of the computer. i am using a dvi to hdmi converter to connect projector. the projector can support 1920 x 1080 resolution native. the graphics card is a ATI Radeon HD 2400xt. this is a htpc computer that came with a blu ray drive and hdtv card built in.

Is there a software solution??

thanks! please help! i dont want to use the monitor and projector simultaneously, or that extend-a desktop-to-two-monitors crap, i want to be able to have both devices connected and switch between the two easily, depending on whether i am browsing the web or editing photos VS watching HDTV.

thanks!!

ash
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> gateway gm5664: connecting an lcd monitor and projector simultaneously