Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Screen DVD?
Jan   2001-11-06 11:17
As far as I know, Win2000 only supports overlay on the primary display, but I would still like to watch tv in widescreen on my dual 20in monitor setup. is there any software that uses the overlay on the primary display and calculates the second half and allows two monitors to be used as one widescreen?

What about other OSs? Will, say freeBSD or Linux support this?

Thanks,

JAn
Christian Studer   2001-11-07 00:36
Overlays are usually supported on all monitors, at least that's been my experience with all the setups I've been using. One exception is the Matrox G450, which only supports overlays on the first head.

The problem is that there is no DVD/video playback software that supports multi-monitor playback.

Currently the only way to get multi-monitor DVD playback is to use a dualhead card that has Win2000 drivers WITHOUT true multi-monitor support. Because Win2000 only sees a single monitor, your DVD player will be able to run on both monitors. See this gallery entry for an example.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Jan   2001-11-08 16:39
Thank you for the fast reply. Guess what card I got...right G450. And matrox support claims its windows that does not allow the overlay on the second monitor. They suck!

Anyway, what If I only use the primary head on the matrox card and stuff a pci card into another slot and hook the second monitor up to that. Would that work?

Thanks again,

JAn
Mesh   2002-08-14 03:44
*wonders how you'd tolerate the plastic bar between the 2 sides...*

Mesh
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Screen DVD?