Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Does The Geforce 2 MX400 AGP need a second vid card for dual monitor support?
Rob   2001-11-06 14:46
I have that card installed and in my display properties it shows two monitors but ones not activatedbut i only have one connected

i have anohter card ...a monster3d PCI
will this work if i need to used another vid card?

oh nad im running win 98
Rob   2001-11-06 14:52
ok it seems i dont need two vid cards but then how do i connect two monitors to one card when there is only one spot to plug into?
do i need a spliter or sometihng??
Brak's Buddy   2001-11-06 23:37
I have been dealing with the same issue and I believe the answer is that not all MX400 cards support dual monitor. It has the capability but if the connectors aren't there then no luck. Inno3D makes one with dual VGA ports...
Cal   2001-11-07 09:09
Asus makes a GeForce MX 400 7100 for exactly this purpose it's called (somewhat confusingly) the 2V1D - it has two outputs - one is a digital output for flatpanels but it comes with a converter so you can set up 2 crt analog monitors.

There has been some confusion as to whether this card actually supports true dual display with independent resolutions - in Win 2K the answer seems to be no. In WinXP with Detonator updated drivers - the answer is probably yes.
Rob   2001-11-07 13:31
there are two ports on the back one for analog moitors one for dfp screens
i didnt recieve a converter maybe its possible to buy one?
Cal   2001-11-09 01:16
I'd think so. Where did you buy your card? I'd contact them first and make sure it wasn't supposed to come with one.

C
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Does The Geforce 2 MX400 AGP need a second vid card for dual monitor support?