Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dualview vs. Twinview
Cal   2001-11-07 02:12
Ok - I understand Twinview - you go to your card advanced properties (in my case a Gforce 2 Mx 7100 2V1D) hit the twinview tab - and with Detonator XP installed and a lot of freakin' fiddlin' around, you can actually have true dual display with independent res. etc. correct?

Dualview - something to do with Win XP - can't find it where it says it should be. Do I need to have two monitors listed in my device manager?
Is it even worth worrying about? Thanks for helping.

C
Christian Studer   2001-11-07 02:44
Dualview and TwinView are just other terms for dualhead: a video card with two VGA outputs.

Dualview support in Windows XP refers to the ability of XP to recognize each display of a single-chipset dualhead card individually, thus enabling different resolutions, etc. Windows 2000 didn't support this without driver workarounds.

With a TwinView card and Detonator XP, you should see two monitors listed in Display Properties, but only a single display adapter in Device Manager.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Cal   2001-11-07 03:30
hmm, well, I haven't been able to get independent resolutions yet, under Win XP. Hopefully installing Detonator will resolve this?

thanks,

Cal
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dualview vs. Twinview