Forums -> Multiple monitors -> G-Force 2 MX 400
Bas de Jager   2001-11-08 03:36
Hi,

I just bought the G-Force2 MX 400 video card. I'm trying to figure out how Twinview works. I've seen some pics on the internet where they explain how Twinview works. The problem is that in the "Nvidia GeForce2 MX Properties" screen there is an option that's called "Twinview". I don't have that option. How can I get it? (I need it to choose to clown a screen).

Can anybody help me please??
thanx
Bas
Cal   2001-11-09 03:42
who is the manufacturer of your card? If you have an AsusGeForce MX 400 dualhead for example, you'll need to uninstall the Asus drivers and go for an NVidia driver.

What OS are you using?
DK   2001-11-09 11:47
I had the same problem with my inno tornado mx 400 when I tried to install it. The problem was that I had a nvidia geforce mx installed on my computer initially and the original driver was not reconizing the mx 400. What you need to do is completely clean out the old video driver(s) on your computer. But you can't just do this by going into add/remove. You need to either get a nvidia clean install program or find out how to do it yourself from some of the nvidia sites. Try www.geforcefaq.com or look back on this site around june 2001 under my name DK and I think I might of explained my (and your) problem and solution in more detail. good luck hope it helps.
DK   2001-11-09 11:52
Here is my original post for you

DK 2001-07-14 21:04
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, well after having bought an Inno3d tornado geforce 2mx 400(twinview)64MB PCI card about a month ago, I hadn't been able to get the twin view feature to come up in the display area. A month before I had just bought a new Dell dimension 8100 p4 1.7ghz with a nVidia geforce 2mx AGP card. After changing the video display to standard VGA and removing the AGP gef2mx card, I installed the gef2mx 400 video card and its driver that came with the card. I was feeling good up until I went into the display area and couldn't find the twinview feature. It wasn't there. Well, today I finally figured it out. I initially thought I had removed the old driver, however by just going into the Add/Remove area you do not completely remove the old driver. And because of this when I loaded the new driver in, there seemed to have a conflict with the other nVidia driver which wasn't allowing me to get the twinview feature. After finding the Dell talk area at supportdell.com and going to the video display section and seeing some of the responses I finally found out that I had not completely removed the old driver. A couple web sites that were recommended by the tech reps on there were www.geforcefaq.com/faq.cgi and www.tweak3d.net/tweak/geforce/ Props goes to the tech rep "tonymarquez" he and the other tech guy on the board seem to know alot about nVidia cards. I guess they should since that is what dell is putting in there computers. Anyway after following the completely remove instructions from these websites I was able to finally go back and reload the new driver on and I got the twinview feature working.
Oh I also used this program to guarantee that the relevant files were deleted. (it does it automatically) www.geforcefaq.com/files/cleaninstall.zip
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> G-Force 2 MX 400