Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Need help to buy a 3 monitor solution for Vista
Fredrik   2008-08-31 07:49
I want to buy a new PC, and the hardest part of that is to get support for 3 monitors.

3 monitors means i need two cards. Two cards means that there will be problem in Vista if i don't buy the correct cards.

So can someone give me some help?

I need one high performance 3D card for gaming. The second card must only be able to display simple 2D - but it must be fanless.

Is anyone running Vista with 2 graphics cards and Aero enabled? Which cards are you using?
Christian Studer   2008-08-31 13:17
The easiest solution is to get a system with two x16 PCI Express slots, and two identical video cards.

If you need fanless cards, you could get two Nvidia NVS 290 cards, they work well with Aero, not sure though about games.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Fredrik   2008-08-31 14:41
Problem is that i only need one high performance card. And that card will be watercooled, so fan will get removed.

So because of practical and economical reasons the other card can not be identical to the high-end card.
Kim   2008-09-08 08:03
I have a QS6 from NTI. They have a QuadStation Pro with 3 monitors out of the box, the card is digital with like 1gig of ram or something. I love my system. I can look for their address - The company is Naples technology.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Need help to buy a 3 monitor solution for Vista