Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Help with spanning on 3 monitors with 2x NVIDA GPUs
Kasamere   2008-09-03 19:26
I have spent a couple of hours scouring many forums and am yet to find a clear answer to my problem. Those few posts which ask the same question strangely have zero replies so here goes my attempt.

I have WINXP, 1x 8800GTS, 1x 9800GT and 3x LCD screens. All are installed and working, and in Windows I can drag windows across the display and even stretch things across all three. To this extent triple spanning works fine.

What I cannot do is get the NVIDA control panel to span the two GPUs together. Why I want to do so is to allow those games with high resolution support to also span three monitors. The control panel only allows me to set each card seperately with only 2 monitors each span.

I have seen posts that say "sure, our game supports 3 monitors" or "yes, you can span 2x GPUs for a single desktop". What I need help with is how to do so.

I know about the Matrox TrippleHead2Go but I am trying to achieve this without further expense. I am not using SLI as I know this does not support multiple monitors.

Is anyone running WoW on three monitors without TH2G?

Any help appreciated.
ecarlson   2008-09-04 02:15
As far as I know, you can't do a hardware span across regular NVidia cards. I think there are some specialized (very expensive) cards that can span across cards, but I also think they are not high-performance 3D gaming cards: They are more for video walls and such.

Matrox has some new cards that can span more than 2 monitors, but, again, they are expensive and not designed for high-performance 3D gaming.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Tofu Guy   2008-09-07 00:27
This might be what you are looking for.

http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/

Goodluck
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Help with spanning on 3 monitors with 2x NVIDA GPUs