Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Auto-switching touchscreen question
Brian   2008-09-13 04:49
Hi,

I'm considering trying to use Ultramon to solve a problem and need to know if it's even possible.

I have a HTPC system I've built up. The main screen is a projector that I don't always want to have on. The secondary screen is a 7" touchscreen on the HTPC itself.

What I'd like to do is have Ultramon toggle between mirror (clone) and extended desktop settings depending on whether or not the main monitor is on. If the main monitor (projection screen) is on, I'd like to have the secondary monitor go to "extended desktop" mode. If the main monitor is off, I'd like the secondary monitor to default to "clone" mode.

The touchscreen does not work in extended desktop mode, so it is necessary to have it go to clone mode when the main monitor is not on. That way things like music are accessible by touch without having to power up the projector.

I'm using an ATI 4850 graphics card.

Is this setup even possible? I assume it may be via scripting. If so, I'm definitely an Ultramon customer...
Christian Studer   2008-09-14 03:22
UltraMon can't enable the video card's clone mode, I'm also not sure if the ATI software has support for automating this.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Auto-switching touchscreen question