Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple monitors on Win2000
Grant   2001-11-15 10:46
I just tried hooking my third monitor up again after running only two for about 6 months. I cannot get it working. I am stumped.

Card 1: ATI All-in-wonder 128 (Rage 128) AGP
Card 2: ATI XPERT 98 (Rage XL) PCI
Card 3: Permedia 2V (I/O Magic 3D-EP) PCI

I have my Asus P3B-F motherboard set to boot PCI/AGP. I remember having to play musical PCI slots the last time (moving PCI cards all around until I got lucky with a configuration that worked). I should have documented the lucky combo, but I think I tried every possible combo tonight and still no luck.

Any help is much appreciated.

, Grant
Vince   2001-11-17 06:40
Can't help with that directly, but I have a successful 3 monitor setup on a system.

Dualhead Matrox G450 + a Nvidia card (old one) worked fine.

Not tried 3 seperate cards before though...
Grant   2001-11-18 03:59
I think it may be because I updated the drivers since I had all three operating the last time. It's the only thing I can think of. How do I completely remove the current drivers for the two ATI cards?
Joe   2001-12-12 14:30
I also run 3 monitors on win2000. I have a Jeronimo pro 4 card (1). It works well except for when I restart the machine. Only 1 or 2 monitors will light up. Keep getting message window saying "out of scan range". Only way then is to power down & restart the machine to get all 3 monitors to light up. Any ideas on how to solve that problem would be appreciated.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Triple monitors on Win2000