Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Cannot get Radeon VE to work in XP Pro
rodti   2001-11-16 03:37
I've just bought a Jetway RV100 (Radeon VE) card to get my dual displays going and for TV-out.

The drivers that come on the CD don't work with XP at all, but WinXP uses its default drivers for the Radeon VE DDR.

I've downloaded the newest XP drivers from www.ati.com but they don't install, saying they can't find a suitable card!

Also my CD didn't have Hydravision on it. Does Hydravision Win2k work with XP? And can someone send it to me?

I'm at the end of my tether, please help!
NJT   2001-11-17 17:17
Also bought Radeon VE but mine is from HIS (Hytech Information Systems). I also don't have hydravision software. I was able to install the supplied drivers by first removing my previous drivers for my previous display adapter and then used ADD NEW HARDWARE option from XP'S Classic Control Panel.
Ziyad Hosein   2001-11-18 23:07
Im guessing that you ran setup.exe from the ATI driver.
Rather, go to control panel> display> settings> advanced> adapter> properties> driver> update driver> next> dislpay a list> have disc> and point to the location where you extracted the driver.

If that or the previous advice didnt work, you may need to add the hardware id string to the inf of the ati driver. you can get an idea of how to do it at this page.

Windows Tweaks and Retro Drivers
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Cannot get Radeon VE to work in XP Pro