Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 or More Monitors on a Vista M1730
JDowney   2008-10-02 10:42
Hi,

I have been working on this problem for months, and getting little traction. So it is time to ask the Masters... I know that many of you use 3 or more monitors with your Vista systems. I currently have a loaded Dell M1730 laptop that I would like to hook up to at least 3 monitors (the laptop + 2 external flat screens).

I have even bought a DVI Splitter cable, and that at least gets me desktop backgrounds on all 3 screens with some strange display settings (does not work properly). Therefore I am now thinking there must be a Vista software setting (to add additional monitors) I am not using correctly, or I need to buy some 3rd party software or UltraMon. Would any of you please consider explaining how to connect 2 or more monitors. NOTE: I had 2 external monitors and my laptop monitor set up with Vista on my old Dell 8500 laptop using a port replicator that had a VGA and a DVI port, and that worked great until I received my new company M1730 laptop... Do you know of any port replicators for the M1730? Is there any way to add an extra Video Card? Would UltraMon solve my problem? Will it also run SLI? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

Jeff

PS: My laptop is up to date with all service packs, etc

PSS: I currently have the laptop hooked up to 1 external monitor (works fine), but I need the extra/3rd monitor...
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 or More Monitors on a Vista M1730