Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual monitor setup & problems with ATI-TV Wonder/Full Screen MPG
Infidel   2001-11-19 05:39
Check this out - I'm running a GF3 as my primary display adapter (AGP of course) and a Voodoo3 2000 PCI for my second monitor. Windows 2000 with Direct-X 8.1. My problem is that every other time I bootup into Windows 2kPro, the ATI Tuner gives me a message saying "Playback failed to initialize video", then goes on to say that I need to ensure correct drivers are installed, close any applications such as videos or dvd's or webtv that may be running. So half the time I can run tv in one window, a DVD or a divx movie or an mpg in the other, full screened no problem. When I get that ATI error, I cant seem to fullscreen any media with my hardware either - the monitor that I'm trying to fullscreen on clicks (changing resolution) and takes a second or two to fullscreen, and then it looks like crap (software full-screen). Anyone else run into problems like this? Already grabbed UltraMon, didnt seem to do anything (great program though), and tried the Zoom Player, it also has problems using the hardware decoder when I cant use my TV. Thanks for the help
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual monitor setup & problems with ATI-TV Wonder/Full Screen MPG