Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problems with multiple video card setup
Igor   2008-10-17 09:59
Hello,

I've got two video cards:
- GeForce 8 8800 GTS
- GeForce 8 8600 GT

They are installed on my mainboard, the Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6.

I have one monitor connected to the 8800 GTS (that's my primary screen) and two monitors (my wings) are connected to the 8600 GT.

My problem:
When I play a MPEG video on one of my wings, the video doesn't play well. The audio for example is bucking/stutters.

Another problem is, that when I activate the desktop icons, the audio will also stutter/buck, when I hover one of the icons on my desktop (just the desktop, no explorer window).

I am using Windows Vista SP1 x64.

When I deactivate one graphic adapter or turn off Aero, I don't have sees problems.

Maybe someone can confirm this problem or has a solution? ;)

Regards,
Igor
Clint   2008-12-05 06:55
I have a similar setup, 3 monitors and using an 8800GTX and an 8600GT. Also Vista64 with 8gigs. So far no problems playing video and I can even move video that is playing from monitor to monitor with no problems.

But occasionally I get lockups with audio stuttering that lasts for 5 seconds and then returns to normal. Sometimes I get the message that the video drive has stopped responding and is being restarted.

No solutions yet though. It seems there are some issues to resolve in going 3 monitors with 2 video cards.

-- Clint
Christian Studer   2008-12-05 07:33
So far I've had no audio or video issues, I'm using two Nvidia Quadro FX 3500 PCIe x16 cards, also with 3 monitors on 64-bit Vista (with Aero). I'm currently using the 169.96 drivers.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problems with multiple video card setup