Forums -> Multiple monitors -> directx video playback on secondary display
stam   2008-10-21 14:34
Hi, I’m after some help.

Currently using Windows XP SP3 with directx version 9.0c.

Goal - Want full screen video playback on secondary display with directx and graphics acceleration enabled.

Questions:

1)Am I correct in saying you cannot utilise directx graphics acceleration on secondary display when playing back video in fullscreen? If so is there any way to enable this/workaround?

2)Will having a higher speed CPU help to at least get smooth video playback?

3)Can this be achieved in Vista if I were to change operating systems, is directx enabled on secondary display?

4)Can you get smoother HD video playback on secondary display using vista vs xp?
Cao Ji   2008-10-22 01:01
Spanning video across dual monitor?
stam   2008-10-22 14:12
No I mean using two displays in extended desktop mode with pc monitor set as primary display and tv set as secondary display. I want to payback video on secondary display with ability as stated above without using remote to switch TV to primary display (currently doing this as work around). However this technically challenged people can't easily use PC monitor (switched to secondary disply) while TV is playing video and set to primary display. All the programs pop ups etc while launch on primary (ati graphics card).
Cao Ji   2008-10-23 01:56
Try VLC or other media player supporting multiple screens, you can select which monitor to display video.
stam   2008-10-23 16:12
so when you specify which monitor you want to display video on, does that monitor have to be set as primary display in display settings to enable directx video acceleration or does it not matter. If it doesn't matter, why?
Cao Ji   2008-10-27 02:05
No necessary to be set as primary monitor.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> directx video playback on secondary display