Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Clone Mode at Startup
Chris McEvoy   2008-10-29 22:28
Hi, I am having problems with a PC that is permanently connected to both a monitor and a projector for presentation purposes. What I need it to do is the clone the main display to the projector at startup for all users. At the moment I can only get it to extend desktop to the projector at startup, when I try to enable clone mode at startup via Catalyst Control Center the projector just displays a blue screen once the Windows logon box appears (even though during the Windows XP loading process it displays fine). The settings are set to the native res of the projector, but still it won't work. Once Windows is loaded it clones fine once I set it in CCC, but on the next reboot, the projector shows a blue screen again.

The PC is a Dell Optiplex 755 with a ATI 2400 XT card.

Any ideas?

I tried Ultramon and it works using that, but it can't see a way of enabling mirroring at startup for all users (even those that have not logged on previously).
Christian Studer   2008-10-30 11:01
Setting up default settings for UltraMon is supported, which version are you using?

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Jay   2008-11-14 00:18
I'm not seeing that option. Running Vista beta 3.0.3
Christian Studer   2008-11-14 09:02
To set this up on Vista for UltraMon 3:

1) login to your admin account and configure all settings as desired

2) copy the folder "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Realtime Soft" and all subfolders to C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming

3) go to the folder "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Realtime Soft\UltraMon" and rename the versioned subfolder, for example 3.0.3, to Default

4) run regedit.exe, then right-click the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\<version>", select Export from the menu, and save the key as User.reg to the "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\Default" folder

5) open User.reg, and replace the version part in all key names with Default, for example "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\3.0.3" gets replaced with "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtime Soft\UltraMon\Default"

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Clone Mode at Startup