Forums -> Multiple monitors -> dell 8200 dual monitor question
dsr   2001-11-26 06:31
i'm about to order a Dell8200 (w/o a monitor) and hook up my dell and sony trinitron monitors. i had been driving these on a dell xps333 with 2 old 8mb cards. these were ok because i normally run standard (non gaming) applics.

i was planning on getting the 64mb nvidia geforce2 mx graphics card w/tv out (this is the least powerful (cheapest)option).

here are my questions:

1. for a non gamer, is there any compelling reason i should step up at least to the next tier card (64mb ddr nvidia geforce3 ti 200) for an extra $120?

3. for a dual monitor, could i use one of the 8mb cards or will it look horrid to have a good/decent card next to an ancient card on similar monitors?

4. assuming i get either nvidia card, and using the 8mb card for the other monitor is a bad idea, is it wise (and simpler) to get the exact same nvidia card (pci) to drive the other monitor?

5. would anyone know if dell would sell that card installed (assuming the price is ok), or do i
need to find it elsewhere...

thanks in advance...
Christian Studer   2001-12-05 11:04
1) probably not, the GeForce2 MX is powerful enough for all standard applications and video/DVD, it will also work fine with games

2) the old card should work fine as secondary

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> dell 8200 dual monitor question