Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Primary for gaming / Secondary for dvd/divx/haupp. tv? What vid card?
Seth   2001-12-05 06:04
I just got hooked up with a e400 to go with my ps790. I need to get a second video card for my comp still. Right now I have a gef3 and I wanted to get a second pci video card. I'm totally not sure what to get. I want to be able to run gaming on one monitor(gef3) and run all my dvds/divx/hauppauge wintv theature on the other. Will ultramon allow me to do this? Is there a specific video card I should get for this? Any help anybody could provide would be much appreciated.

*remove nospam from email*
Seth   2001-12-05 06:07
oh ya.. I run win2k pro.
I just realised my topic contained certain assumptions and... I don't expect an email reply even though I posted email instructions.

that about covers it. :)
Christian Studer   2001-12-05 10:46
Take a look at the shopping guide for some suggestions, a GeForce2 MX should work fine for video/DVD, and you can use a single set of drivers for both cards.

You'll need Zoom Player for video/DVD playback on the secondary monitor.

UltraMon is not required for video playback and the other features you mentioned. See the feature tour for more information on UltraMon.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Primary for gaming / Secondary for dvd/divx/haupp. tv? What vid card?