Forums -> Multiple monitors -> DVI+VGA to DVI+TV (how to remember settings)
David del Campo   2009-01-04 07:06
OK, these question may be a bit general, but I do not know enough to be able to focus them better.

I have a computer (surprise, surprise!) with a MSI NX8800GTS graphics card (NVIDIA 8800GTS 512MB chipset) with two DVI and one Svideo outputs. I currently have a Viewsonic VX924 (digital) and an IBM T85A (analog) monitors connected to the DVI outputs (the IBM with a converter). I have Windows XP x64, Ultramon, and the latest NVIDIA drivers and control software installed. I want to set it up so that I can use the Svideo output to play videos on my TV.
As I understand it, I cannot have the two monitor AND the Svideo outputs active at the same time, but have to disable one of the monitors while using the TV. I have managed to run it once by killing the analog monitor, but returning to the original setting was far from straightforward. The two-monitor setting has several customizations in the NVIDIA control panel to make it easier on my eyes, and having to reproduce all the settings again everytime I want to use the TV is something I would like to avoid. On top of that, the Plug&Play that happens during the transition between the two setups changes the identity of the monitors, and makes the digital one start using the default Microsoft driver instead of the Viewsonic one I have downloaded for it, making it more difficult to return to the two-monitor settings.

The questions are:
Is there a way of saving ALL the settings (including the colour corrections, relative position, hardware identity, driver used, etc) of each of the setups so that I can move from one to the other with a minimal number of clicks?
Can Ultramon help here?

Thank you for your help.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> DVI+VGA to DVI+TV (how to remember settings)